|Canadian Heritage Gallery|
|Structures||Click on the thumbnail to view the image, and for information about ordering reproductions.|
|John G. Simcoe Lieutenant-Governor John Graves Simcoe in
Navy Hall, Newark (Niagara), Upper Canada, his residence after 1792.
|Parliament House Parliament House, Quebec City, 1851-1854.
After the burning of the parliament building in Montreal in 1849, the capital moved to Toronto
until 1851, and then to Quebec City until 1854.
|Montreal Parliament Sir Charles Metcalfe opening Parliament,
Montreal, 1844 or 1845. In 1844 Montreal was made capital of the United Province of Canada as
Kingston was judge too small and outlying. Oil by Andrew Morris, 1845.
|Sandfield Macdonald Depiction of the late-night downfall of the
Liberal government under Sandfield Macdonald, 1863.
|First Parliament The first federal parliament of Canada,
November, 1867, at the new parliament buildings in Ottawa, Ontario. Painting by Charles Walter
|First Legislature Photograph of the first Legislature of Ontario,
1867, in the old parliament buildings on King Street, Toronto, Ontario, (with Premier Sandfield
Macdonald behind the top hat on the table at the front).
|Senate Chamber Interior of the original Senate Chamber, Ottawa,
|Parliament Buildings The Ontario Provincial Parliament
Buildings, Toronto, were opened in 1892.
|Parliament Buildings Aerial view of the Parliament buildings,
Ottawa, Ontario, c. 1920.
|First Legislature building 1923 photo of the building used for the
First Legislature of Upper Canada in 1792. The house is now located at Upper Canada
|Click on the thumbnail to view the image, and for information about ordering reproductions.|
|Top of Page
Copyright © 1999 Canadian Heritage Gallery